Internet Publishing, Web Support 2006-presentIndependently learned website coding and promotion, Created websites and provided content monetized with advertisements and sales commissions. Created and sold screen capture video tutorials – included working with Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat to create pdf reports. Provided website design, optimization,social media interface, and support for clients (both paying and pro bono).
Asst to the Controller. Accts Payable Supervisor, Inventory Cost Accounting Manager @ World Duty Free, Americas, Baltimore MD, 1996-1999Collaborated with corporate branches and stores around the country to consolidate phone systems and billing as an assistant to the controller. Worked with auditors and IT department in testing and implementing a new payables system. Improved process flow between stores, warehouse and clerks as inventory cost accounting supervisor. Documented procedures for several departments.
Senior Investor Reporter @ Commercial Federal Mortgage Corporation. Omaha, NE 1993-1996Utilized Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Lotus spreadsheets to facilitate out-of-balance issues and to institutionalize, document, and standardize reporting procedures. Worked with auditors and investor reporting manager in a Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae reconciliation project which resulted in recognizing $1.1 million in income.
Accounting I, II, III @ Metropolitan Community College 1993Omaha, NE
Speech Communictions @ Indiana University 1991Bloomington, IN Bachelor of Art
Newsletter Publisher @ Epiphany Episcopal Church, Odenton MD
Treasurer @ Moms Club of Victor/Farmington/Canandaigua
Parent Representative, Web Designer @Bloomfield Nursery School, Bloomfield NY
Committee Chair, Treasurer, Web Designer, Membership Coordinator @ Cub Scout Pack 54, Bloomfield NY
Treasurer, Web Support @ Boy Scout Troop 55, Bloomfield NY (present)
Treasurer, Board Member, Coach @ Bloomfield First Robotics, Inc, Bloomfield NY (present)
- Utilized Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs and other publishing software to create newsletters, reports, forms, archives, bookkeeping spreadsheets, procedures and more.
- Balanced financials and providing monthly reporting.
- Worked independently and with other committee members and parents to ensure the success of various non-profit groups.
- Created websites and social media accounts to aid in providing better communication among members and with the public.
- Headed up or participated in the organization of many individual events within various non-profit groups.